subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

General Conference - WOW!

Dear everyone,

Conference was absolutely amazing - it was truly one of my absolute favorites. In preparation for conference, I came up with a list of things I wanted help on and also desired revelation. One thing I am really working on is humility and developing that strongly in my life. The conference started off perfect.  Almost everything that I wrote down was answered with Quentin L. Cooks talk.  That was my ultimate favorite out of the whole conference. The conference to me seemed to be focused on humility and doing what that Lord has in store for us.

There are a couple talks I will reread when we get the November Ensign but overall conference again was like Christmas for me as a missionary.  We even had members make lunch for us in-between on Sunday, and on Saturday we went to Cici's Pizza for free because our Ward Mission Leader owns it.

We are emailing on Tuesday because the library was closed yesterday. I am currently on an exchange with Elder Brown for the next 24 hours meaning I am in his area working there and his companion is in my area working with Elder Stanworth. As a District Leader I go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders once every transfer and a transfer is every six week if y'all did not already know that.

That is so exciting to see Justin’s first date pictures.  He looks a lot older and very manly. Ha-ha also the Strong girl and younger Volmer's daughter look very similar to their siblings. I bet Justin will get his license soon and that is going to be so cool that he will be able to leave out on his mission so soon. I will be writing him a letter soon so keep a heads up. Ha-ha the flamingoes also look super funny and I like the chairs on the front porch too. I did get the package and thank you so much.  I will definately keep yell updated on the flonase I felt like I could breathe so much better that day.

I bet the Women's Retreat will be amazing and dad I have no doubt that you will do great on your exam. It was very inspirational for me when I saw you go back to school and it really helped me to develop a better work ethic when I was at CBC. I again cannot send pictures but I will make sure to do it ASAP. I love you all and will definately make sure and include you in my prayers.

Love,
Elder shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment