subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/17/12 - Christmas call next week -

Dear Mom and Dad, and everyone else,

There is so much to tell this week. Me and elder Moses planned it out -our calls for Christmas day.  He will call home to Utah at 10 Texas time and I will call at around 11 Texas time which I think is 9 for y'all  We will have to keep the talk time to 40 minutes so be prepared for flying time. I will definitely think of some questions for y'all but i will definitely be open to questions for me.

I am glad to hear that moms surgery went well and that she is already getting up and moving around. There is actually a less active member and her non member husband we have been working with, she had a knee replacement on the 12th,  the day after your surgery. It was definitely good for this family to see the ward reach out by providing food for them and we were also able to visit them in the hospital. He is really opening up and so has she. Hopefully they will be at church in the next month.

The Christmas lights look so great the tree looks amazing too. Our apartment is pretty well decorated and I used the tree that you sent me. Thank you so much for the gifts they are really helping out already. The GPS is used every day all day to help us get around and we have been using the Nerf guns to have wars in the morning for exercise. 

We are currently in a car but we will also get out on the bikes about once a week. The weather is mild and a little cold but not cold enough for me. Ha ha That is super crazy what happened to the awning.   As soon as I caught a glimpse of the picture I knew exactly what happened. 

This week has gone pretty swell- on Saturday I started to get sick around lunch time but we still went out and we received so many blessings. We left at lunchtime and did not return till 8:20 to have a short dinner before we planned for the next day. I also received the Mission letter from all of you and it was so great to read it. They were given to us at a zone conference to read. That letter has been a source of inspiration for me and will continue to be.  I was bawling when I finished. I was so proud to hear about your achievements Justin and how well your journal writing has been going along with you reading preach my gospel. I too have upped my quality of journal entries and have started an in depth study of preach my gospel. It is such an amazing source of knowledge and will greatly benefit you in preparation for your mission.

I will be talking to y'all soon and next week I will not be able to write since the library will be closed but you will hear from me on Christmas.

I love y'all so much am excite to hear your voices

Love, Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment