subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29th, 2013 Goals Being Met


Dear Mom and Dad, Justin and Spencer,  family and friends,
It definitely sounds like the stress of moving is coming in with the remorse of our family leaving the ward and not living in a convenient place for friends. I know, however, that this move is very inspired and there is so much good coming from it. I am sure the ward that we will move to is a place that can use the strength of your and dads skills and leadership, but most of all testimony. I know that this move is what Our Father in Heaven wants for us. You can know that I will keep this event in my prayers.
I am very excited for all the news that I get to hear from home. I am so very excited that Patrick has his mission call. I was actually just thinking of the Robinson family and how they are doing. It is also so exciting to see the members of the ward growing their families and doing what is best to support their families too. I am very excited for the Trek.  It will be a great opportunity for the youth to build their testimonies. One thing that would be great to include is to have morning devotionals with your family and take time to preach the gospel to them. I personally loved the trek. Make sure to keep the kids motivated and hydrated. The (ward 100 days of Feasting) Book of Mormon reading activities sound like they will be great for helping the members to share the gospel and strengthen their testimonies.
Anyway, this past week has been wonderful.  We put forth the effort to talk with a lot of people. We were actually able to break our goal on Saturday of talking to 30 people and actually talked to 40 new people. It was amazing. It has made it really hard now NOT to talk with others and share what brings joy to my life.
I would like to end with a scripture that I read this week in 3 Nephi 26:9
9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the agreater things be made manifest unto them.
This scripture talks about receiving something. It is Jesus Christ speaking of the Book of Mormon. First, we must introduce the gospel whether it is to non-members or people we teach in the church. If these people take the trial of their faith and then believe, the Lord has so much in store for us. That is one thing that I have really learned out here and it's the greater things. There is so much the gospel brings into my life and I know that there is continually greater things that I will discover as I remain on the path that leads to eternal life. Thank you Mom and Dad for all you have done and do for me.
Love Elder Shoemaker 
Also a couple more pictures of the beauty in Texas and a great quote that hangs in our apartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment