subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

9 Investigators came to Church !!! :)) 6-3-13

Dear Mom and Dad family and friends,
 
Well y'all's week sounds like it has been super busy and packed with so much stuff. I have made sure to keep you in my prayers with all that has been happening. It is great to know that Micki is so willing to help our family out in this process. Make sure to send pictures of you new home mom. Ha ha. I will do the same today. It is great to see the way things always work together and that the Lord provides for his children that are living the gospel valiantly in their lives. I am very excited for the Trek experience that you will have. Make sure to get some good sturdy boots and make sure you break them in. I used my cross country shoes for trek and they were destroyed afterwards.
 
I bet Spencer is enjoying his job as a valet driver and driving some pretty fancy cars. Tell him to make sure and not go to crazy with the cars haha. Tell Chelsey Congatulations for me too. Oh and I know their anniversary is coming up. Could you get the exact date for me?
 
I cannot believe that school is almost out and that Jacob, Chelsea, and Aubrey are graduated already. It will not be long till Justin is wearing that cap and gown.
 
This week was so great. There was 9 non-members at church on Sunday and they all loved it and will be back again. One was the family I think I had mentioned, but either way they are a wonderful family of 6.  They loved church and we will be teaching them on Wednesday. They are so prepared for the gospel.  The kids have already been to mutual and their sons are involved in scouts and their daughter is going to Girls Camp.
 
And to wrap up, I started reading the 4 gospels this week since I finished the Book of Mormon. I was reading when Christ was baptized and when other were receiving the Holy Ghost. It was great to read verse 11 of chapter 3 in Matthew and how amazing the gift of the Holy Ghost is and how mighty our Lord is. I am also grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and how he has set the perfect example for us.
 
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
 
Love, Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker
 
PS hope you get a bike ride in this week dad ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment