subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, March 18, 2013

Signs and Wonders of Belief - March 11th, 2013


Dear Mom and dad,
 
This week has been pretty exciting. We had lots of opportunities to get out and meet a lot of people. There was a cool experience as we were about to contact some potential investigators when we knocked on this door. The person who answered looked super familiar as if I had had a face to face conversation with her before, but the thing is, I did not. I had never met her but I knew her. Anyways she has a Book of Mormon and said to call her in the next week to set a time to meet. There was something about this person that said she will join the church and go very far with it. I am excited to share more about what I believe so the spirit can work on the hearts of the people in this area.
 
The time change was definitely very weird and I have to agree that the time between the last daylight savings time was very short. It sounds like Justin is very excited for track and is really getting into his  passions and exploring and finding great activities that will involve him with people that can help him to progress spiritually in his life too.
 
I will try to make sure to get some pictures of the surroundings and the beautiful spring changes. Dad or mom you may have gotten a friend request on facebook from Sister Gershenfeld please make sure it is more of a friendship rather than a check up on Natey chat. I did not really think about that until after she requested y'all as friends.
 
Ha ha speaking of y'alls (Dad) that would very hilarious if that WAS in the scriptures. That is also exciting about the (house) updates. I have thought a lot about getting a new set of scriptures and I am glad I waited.
 
I would like to end with an insight from my studies.
 
I was reading in heleman chapter 14 of the signs of Christs birth and death. I was thinking about what was the purpose of those signs as i read these verses...

 28 And the angel said unto me that many shall see greater things than these, to the intent that they might believe thatathese signs and these wonders should come to pass upon all the face of this land, to the intent that there should be no cause for unbelief among the children of men—
 29 And this to the intent that whosoever will believe might be saved, and that whosoever will not believe, a arighteous judgment might come upon them; and also if they are condemned they bring upon themselves their own condemnation.
I am greatful for the signs that my Heavenly Father gives me so there is no cause for unbelief in my life.
Love,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment