subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Renewal - The Atonement of Christ


Dear Mom and Dad,
 
That is so touching to first of all see the pictures of all the scouts getting their eagle scout and it was wonderful to see the love scouts have for theirs parents and I am grateful that I was able to be someone Jacob could look up to. Tell him he is a stud-muffin and that he has done a great job. He will understand the stud-muffin part.  Ha ha.
 
It is also exciting to hear that Spencer was able to come and spend time with everyone and also be able to catch up with Korwin. (Spencer's best friend) I tell the M&M almond story to quite a few of my companions. Also, I met someone from Des Moines, Iowa this week and he sold me on the fact that I should go there and visit when I get the chance.
 
Stake Conference sounded like it was great and I love that the topic of the Atonement is so widespread. It is actually the main topic in the Lewisville Stake and has noticeably touched the hearts of the youth and all in the ward. 

There will be a new addition to the Highland Village ward this Sunday as Sherry will be confirmed. Sherry's baptism was great.   She was so excited and it was very touching to see her son Armando give an amazing invocation at the baptism. The baptism was at 7:00 last night and there ended up being over 90 people! That also included non-members that missionaries have been teaching in the zone. It was such a wonderful experience for Sherry, the ward, and the non-members who were there.
 
This past week was great with a good rain storm and some chilly temperatures. The ward here is great and has continually supported the work that is going on here. I took some more pictures this week and am including a picture of Sherry and her kids. I am so grateful for the chance to work with them and help to strengthen their faith.
 
I would like to end with an Easter experience from this week. We went into a part-member household and shared an Easter lesson. Elder Hansen proceeded to ask what does Easter remind you of? The response from the non-member husband was amazing as he responded with the word "RENEWAL". It was so great to have this reminder of the renewal that comes from the Atonement of Christ. I am grateful for the resurrection and the forgiveness that it allows us to partake of.
 
42 Behold, he who has arepented of his bsins, the same is cforgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more. 43 By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will aconfess them and bforsake them.


Love Elder Shoemaker



No comments:

Post a Comment