subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just a Few of My Favorite Things...General Conference 10-7-13

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
General Conference this weekend was so amazing. I was like a kid on Christmas! I thought of this as one of my favorite conferences. I love how the Prophet and Apostles warned of the deteriorating morality and virtue of the world. It was very sad to think about, but the direction that we received will significantly bless our lives as we live it in our lives. Another thing that really impressed me was the number of missionaries around the world and also how many missionaries were in the church building with Elder Crandall and myself - there were 37! That is so amazing there are so many missionaries! Anyway, I love all the talks so much so I will list all of my favorite quotes.
 
We gather here to hear the words of the Lord and return to our homes to live them.
 
Doubts you doubts before you doubt your Faith.
 
A church that does not have doctrine taught in it is like a phone without a battery.
 
Rise up! Stand tall! and Walk in the Light of Christ!
 
Brighten, touch, and save.
 
Man's laws cannot make that which is immoral, moral in God's laws.
 
Become the rock that the river cannot wash away.
 
Repentance is not punishment it is a hope filled path to a glorious future.
 
The stronger the winds the stronger the trees.
 
Pray every day, we need him every hour.
 
Performing Priesthood ordinances when unworthy is taking the Lord's name in vain.
 
The most important part of our service (as leaders) is our daily spiritual preparation.
 
Spiritual nourishment is as important as physical nourishment.
 
I loved all of these quotes. I went through my conference journal this morning and starred all of my favorite statements made in conference. It was cool to see the three word quotes from the first presidency that we can imprint in our minds to help us battle the adversary in our lives. I am also very grateful for the blessing that President Monson left on all of at general Conference. Those were my favorite words and I am excited to listen to them again. Did I tell y'all I love General Conference?
 
Our home looks so beautiful.  I cannot believe it is basically done and we will be moving in this week. It went too fast. By the way, can you send me the new address again I will have to let the mission office know my change of address. I am glad the missionaries have been able to help out with the process and that they are taken care of on their haircuts. I will be glad to let you know mom we do get free haircuts from a member in our ward and that this weekend during the break between conference lunch was provided by members in our ward for all of the missionaries. I know that since y'all have helped the missionaries at home Elder Crandall and I have been blessed too.
 
Dad I am also very sorry for forgetting to wish you Happy Birthday. Every week after we email I remember! So I wanted to let you know that I did not forget and wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday.
 
This week besides conference was wonderful.  We had a lesson with the Rongey's this week on Wednesday and they were overly excited to tell us they went to the temple the night before to do Baptisms for the Dead. They took 25 of their own names and loved their experience there. I am so excited for them and their spiritual progression as a family. Also this week we had a lesson with an investigator named Shannon. She watched General Conference and it touched her so much she bore a very strong heartfelt testimony and wants to be baptized! It was so great to see her excitement and all the notes that she took as she watched!
 
Thank you for all your prayers. You continue to be in mine daily.
 
Love,
 
Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker 

No comments:

Post a Comment