subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, October 28, 2013

New Assigment - New Area 10-28-13

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
It sounds like y'all had quite the adventure I bet if was pretty cold out there especially when in shorts and a T-shirt. It is great to hear about everyone that was willing to help and come to the rescue. I am glad you are safe dad and I appreciate that parallel to the gospel. I am sure that our Heavenly Father is really looking out for us when we are uncomfortable, however I am grateful for the trials that we have to help make us stronger. Plus you also have a really cool story. I am glad to also hear the cheerful attitude you had throughout the experience and I bet the stars looked amazing up there. 

 I am very excited how we are already formed into the ward. I know that there is a purpose for our family being there. It sounds like we have a great ward and a lot of strong members in that ward that are ready to lift where they stand. It sounds like homecoming was hit and it sounds like we got a party house already. Tell Justin that I said hi and to stop being so handsome. Thank you for the address-  it sounds too fancy. haha.
 
My new address is:
 
Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker
1512 N Elm St. #103
Denton, TX 76201
 
I am being transferred to the Denton YSA ward My new companion is Elder Sheeran I was his district leader when I was in Joshua. We will actually be white washing the area meaning we are both new to the area. One of the Elders that is there is done with his mission and the other is the new assistant in the mission. President Ames called me on Thursday and gave me htis special assignment. I will also be training Elder Sheeran to be a new Zone Leader as this is his first time. Please keep him and myself in your prayers. This will also be my first time ns a YSA ward and also sharing a ward with other missionaries. I am very excited and am ready for this. It will help me to stay focused too.
 
I am going to try and write a recent convert real quick too so sorry for the shorter letter.
 
I love y'all very much 
 
Love,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment