subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Baptism

Howdy familia,
Those track pics look awesome.  You're going to State Justin. That sounds awesome to get into Preach my Gospel for your morning family devotionals.  I know it will help in y'alls life and really help to prepare Justin for his mission. 
This past week was awesome and also pretty hard.  We had a lot of punched appointments.  We are setting more solid appointments to help keep that from happening. We had two baptisms on Saturday it was so awesome. I had the opportunity to perform the baptisms - my first ever.  It was a great spiritual experience and I am so happy to see the changes they have made in their lives. 
The first was Daniel.  He had been being visited by the missionaries for 3 years and just never really progressed.  We promised him when he came to church he would get his answer.  So about a month ago he finally came for the first time since the missionaries began teaching him, and  two lessons later,  he held up the BOM and said "IT'S TRUE!" It was so awesome.  He was baptized on Saturday along with Jules.  He was a street contact that just met with us and read the BOM and knew it was true. He has totally turned his life around and is doing awesome. It was a great spiritual experience and I was so happy to perform the baptism. 
Elder Ericson and I are wrapping up the 12 week program and getting me ready to either train or get out and continue working. I really love the 12 week program it has really helped me to work better as a missionary and I know it is inspired of our Heavenly Father. 
In preparation for baptisms, we are working to have support for  investigators from the ward, family or both. We know it will make the conversion process better and help converts stay active! 
Studies are going awesome.  I am getting in the Book of Mormon so much - I love it and sometimes do not want to stop reading. I am super excited for this week and am wanting to finish strong with Elder Ericson (he might be leaving this transfer?) 
We had a Zone Preparation day activity yesterday and got back late.  I will try to write more next week and I will definitely send pics!
Love Elder Nathan Shoemaker
p.s. Mom you will have to knock those missionaries into shape and tell them to have manners -ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment