subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 6th, 2013 Elder Cook Visits Mission


Dear Mom and Dad and family,
 
This past week was amazing.  We started teaching a recent convert's son and his fiance who are getting married in June. He is very ready and I am looking forward to him getting baptized in June, hopefully with his wife! It was really cool and we have really been seeing the blessings from our diligent efforts. 

This Saturday we met Elder Cook and it was so great.  He spoke about so many things that needed to be heard. He talked about being "warm" as we are talking with members before church begins. We applied it right away and have really been developing a strong relationship with the ward. 

I bore my testimony on Sunday about the blessings of serving a mission. As I sat down I heard the spirit whisper to me that what I had said inspired someone to serve a mission. I was overwhelmed to know how much that person, whoever it may be, will be blessed as they serve.
 
I am always super excited to hear how well Justin is doing with pole vaulting. I will make sure to keep y'all in my prayers, especially you Dad with your new load of things. Well, today we are not able to email as long but I am very excited to call home on Sunday.
 
Love Elder Shoemaker,
 
PS I did not have time to read the story you sent Dad but I will make sure to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment