subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23rd, 2012






Hi y’all,

Ha ha ha ha I love the picture. I was going to say this last week but forgot. I have decided that I really like the name Nathan and decided I will go by that when I get home.  I like it because it is not too long or too short. You can still call me Nate though. Anyways I am going to answer questions and then work on pictures. So the ward members are awesome.  There is a family that we eat dinner with every Sunday night that are so awesome. We do eat not in members houses every night because there are sister missionaries and they are way more important and get the dinners first. We still go to dinner in member’s homes during the week maybe 4 times a week so I will make dinner and lunches throughout the week. My scripture this week is in 3rd Nephi 23:1.  It is a great scripture to use to help people understand that we use the bible too and it is actually a commandment to study the bible. We have had many great spiritual experiences of knowing needs for the investigators in Stephenville this week. One day this past week we prayed to know what we should read to help one of our investigators and before we knew it we had the perfect scripture. We then said a prayer of thanks and recognized our blessings and knew we have inspiration over our area.  It is so amazing to see that. Anyways I am going to attach some pictures. I love you all so much.  I am excited to hear about the things going on there and hear about snow.  It is approaching 80 here ha ha.

Picture 1 Statue upon arrival
Picture 2 Elder Jackson my right and Elder Brimmitt on my left
Picture 3 Jedi Night Haha
Picture 4 District Picture
Picture 5 Elder Shoemaker and Elder Ericson (being funny)
Picture 6 My Bed
Picture 7 Scripture study/Eating area
Picture 8 Our Ward boundary
Picture 9 Our area
Picture 10 Our fancy kitchen
Picture 11 Looking into Kitchen

Love y’all,
Elder Shoemaker





No comments:

Post a Comment