subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, February 6, 2012

Short and Sweet - January 27th, 2012

Dear Family,
That is so awesome to hear about you giving that BOM to the lady at work and woooooow! 
That is a lot of snow and it looks so pretty.  I just love how it lights up everything.  It is kind of like at the mtc when all of the elders took off their jackets at one of the devotionals.  It just changed from black to white and made it ten times brighter. 
Yes my companion is really that tall and it makes him look a lot taller when I stand next to him. We have this investigator Zach.  He is so awesome and is getting baptized on the 4th by his friend that first introduced the church to him. He is so awesome.  He has a study journal for when he reads in the scriptures which is not a bad idea. I recommend doing it because you can write down those spiritual experiences and reflect on them later. Anyways I am so excited for Zach and it make all that knocking on doors worth it when you see they gospel have such a strong influence in someone’s life. I studied in 3rd Nephi Ch 11 today and it is amazing.  I would recommend reading the whole chapter and it is a great chapter to share with others too. It is basically the climax of the BOM and is about when Christ comes to the Americas. I also found my favorite BOM scripture it is 2nd Nephi 2: 6-8 It just helps me realize the true importance of the savior in everyone’s life and makes me want to help everyone understand that.
Wow I gotta go! Sorry.
I love you all,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment