subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 1, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
Ha ha. No I have not melted yet. It got up to 109 this week and on that day we took our no car day (as we have been asked to once a week).  We were able to get out and talk to some wonderful people. There was a lady two weeks ago who saw us out tracting and told us to come to her house up the street and grab some water. Her parents are actually members but were divorced when she turned 8 and she was not baptized. Anyway, she told us to come back anytime for water. We took her up on her offer this week and we were able to meet her whole family of 8! She asked us if we could come back sometime and teach her kids and them to help them know about different churches. We are excited to go back. This week is actually a cold front so it will be in the mid to high 80's this week.
 
It sound like there is a lot happening at home. It is so very exciting to here about the Roohr's and those who are coming into the church and members becoming more converted. I am always super excited to hear about the missionary work at home. I always have a big grin on my face when I get to read about people becoming more converted to the Lord. I will actually be sending a package home today. It has stuff in it that I do not need out here, also in the bottom is a hard cover Book of Mormon that I was going to try and send for Christmas. A little late though. Anyways I encourage y'all to read it as a family and it will really help you  all with you missionary work at home. If you could grab the Book of Mormon also in one of the vans shoe is an orange thumb drive with past mission pics for y'all.  And last of all, can you hang up the ties that are in there they are ones that I want to keep in good condition. Thank you.
 
Anyway, the work is going super duper. We actually got a call last night from our Bishop about a husband who is married to lady in our ward. His wife has been the relief Society President, and his children have grown up in the church.  He just never took interest. He, for the first time ever, came to all three hours of church last week and did it again yesterday. He talked with the bishop yesterday and said "I want to be baptized and I will do what I need to so I can".  It was such a great phone call and it is such a blessing that has only come because Elder Russell and I have been doing our best to be obedient and work hard.
The Rongey's are doing wonderfully and we are so excited for all the things that are happening here.
 
I hope everything goes great this week with house projects and the start of our new lovely abode. Make sure to send pictures of the progress.
 
Love,
 
Elder Shoemaker
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment