subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 10th, 2013

Dear Dad and Mom
 
This last week was very busy with a lot of stuff. Of course with missionary work, it is always busy, but we also put together a report  for the stake this week which took a while. We then reported it to the stake President on Sunday. We also had the chance to participate in some service this week. This made us very excited and anxious to use they time that we did have to go out and talk to and teach people. We recently got a list of all the new people that have moved into Arlington and have been using that list to find those who may be more receptive to the gospel as they may be starting a family or buying their first home. We actually met someone yesterday who fit that description. It has been great to see how well these lists have worked.
 
I am excited that it is already time for Trek. It was such a wonderful experience for me in being able to see what people went through and suffered to come to Zion. Congatulations on all the house work that has been done. From the picture it looks like y'all are putting a wonderful touch on the home.
 
Thank you for the hard work quote I actually read in preach my gospel this morning about diligence. Your comment of work work work reminded me of this quote I read.
“I have often said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work—there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work.”
–President Ezra Taft Benson The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson (1988), 200
As I studied I though of what the Savior has done for me and what I can do to thank him and I can do that by working as hard as I can to follow his example especially his example of missionary work.
Thank you mom and dad for all you do.
Love, Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment