subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, July 15, 2013

Letter from July 8th

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
Here is last weeks email apparently it had errors when it was sent.
 
It has been so great here in Texas!! Elder Russell and I have been to busy to even have the time to worry how hot it is. We make sure to drink plenty of water and carry our handkerchiefs so we stay hydrated and look presentable. Our Independence day was wonderful. We took our bake day that day and were able to see so many different people. We were able to still teach and I was able to see 1 firework around 7 in the evening. We certainly heard them but made sure to be in on time.

That is great that the house projects are going well and that it will look great for Miki when she returns home. I bet the girls camp this week will turn out great. The ward here had theirs 2 weeks ago and it was such a great experience for building the testimonies of the youth. There was a girl that bore her testimony yesterday about her new knowledge of direct communication with our Heavenly Father. One thing that really strengthens my testimony is watching the spiritual growth of others. It sounds like Justin has been doing just that and it makes me so excited and thrilled for him and his growth.

Please tell Christine congratulations for me. It sounds like the wedding was very exciting and unique.

I am excited for pictures of the progress of our new home and i am sure it will come along great. I never realized all the work that goes into a home but i am sure it is very exciting to be able add you own touch and make it haw it is wanted. Have you picked out a color?

Thank you dad for the scripture you shared about service. it is something that I have really learned to love and it is amazing to see how it truly softens the hearts of those who are served. The scripture that I was planning on sharing today goes along perfectly with the scripture you shared. I read in Matthew 25 about how when we provide service to others we are serving our God. Verse 40 really explains it so well along with Mosiah 2:17. "When we are in the service of our fellow beings we are only in the service of our God" Mosiah 2:17

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Thank you Mom and Dad for you devoted service to the Lords church and thank you for setting a wonderful example of obedience and expecting it of me. It has really helped me to know that I can only receive blessings as I live how the Lord expects me to.

Love Elder Shoemaker.

p.s.  thank you working on getting the Flonase.  I could really use an extra short sleeve shirt 14.5 neck and a pair of slacks 32X30. Please also keep the Rongeys in you prayers. They are dong great.  Sis. Rongey has a great testimony and Bro. Rongey is praying to get an answer and gain a testimony too!

No comments:

Post a Comment