subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, July 22, 2013

Loving the Joy the Gospel Brings July 22, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
First Of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! MOM
 
It's exciting to hear the progress on the new home.  It looks great and I am sure y'all go out pretty often to check out the progress. I am glad to hear that you are already getting to meet the neighbors. It sounds like and looks like a very peaceful place that is kind of out of the way but still close enough to not be a burden. I hope the house projects at Miki's go well. She must have been thrilled to see the changes on her home to make it look more like a home. Thank you for the pictures and also making me a part of the home. Ha ha. I see the Nathan thing is still catching on. I mainly chose that because when I hear that name it will draw me back to the memories of the mission. But that does not matter now. I am here now and need to do as much as I can with the time I have left.
 
As we had interviews this last week, President Ames asked me what brings me the most joy. I told him seeing others spiritual progression. He asked why would that bring joy to someone. I responded by saying I feel joy because they get to feel the same love that I have for the gospel. It has really helped me to see the way the Savior looks at others. I love being able to see that and I hope I can continue to be a tool in the Lords hands to help them return to the gospel they knew before they came to this life.
 
Elder Russell and I had a wonderful week. We have been very blessed to be working with so many good people. There will be a baptism on August third so we are very excited and cannot wait to watch more souls come unto Christ.
 
I would like to end with a quote I read this morning that helped me to see how great of importance the Book Of Mormon is.

The Book of Mormon contains that portion of the Lord’s word which he has given to the world to prepare the way for an understanding of the Bible and the other revelations now had among us.
ELDER BRUCE R. MCCONKIE
OF THE QUORUM OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES

Open letter, about 1980, Historical Department Archives, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Love,
Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment