subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Time Flies 9-17-13

Dear Mom and dad,

Every week seems to fly by so fast and yet there is so much that is done in that amount of time. The house looks amazing it is so exciting to be able to see all of the progress that can be done in just a week. It sounds like dad just keeps adding more and more surprises. I love the way the stucco looks especially the supports for the front porch. I saw the grass also in the background at the neighbors home and it looks so green and vibrant. Here the kind of grass that is used is the grass that we would normally pull out of our yard. Anyway, that is super exciting to hear about the growth of the West Richland stake and it goes to show that our family is moving there at the perfect time so we can contribute to the growth of the new ward. I could not open the picture of the storm but I bet it was very intense and the rain sounds like the rain here in Texas. I have gotten soaked a few times Ha ha.The mutual activity this week sounds like a great idea.  It will really help out to keep the youth on the right track and will benefit them a lot in the long run.

I did get the package the treats were a great surprise and I completely forgot about that kind of licorice. The pants were perfect.  I tried them on right away. The brown ones are super nice. I was like a kid on Christmas. I wore them the next day and I have a couple ties that match them well. 

This week was great. It was also Elder Young's last week so we tried to work as a effectively as we could and were able to accomplish a lot with the time that we had. We went on exchanges with one of the district leaders in the zone this week and on Wednesday we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Andersen and Elder Callister, which made the week go really fast, It was so amazing to be in their presence and learn from the knowledge they have and the spirit that was very strongly present in the meeting. We all got to shake their hands briefly but it was still a very exciting  and spiritual experience. 

One thing that I started as a result of the conference was a fast paced study of the Book of Mormon. Out of it I hope to be able to have the story line down significantly better and it is also helping me to place better where scriptures are that will benefit teaching. It reminds me of my favorite scripture in D&C 11:21. Anyway, as I was studying in the Book of Mormon this week and actually this morning I came across a scripture that I would like to include.  It is in 2 Nephi Chapter 26:23-28. This stood out to me as an expression of the Saviors love for us and He wants all of us to come unto him. There is no one that Christ would not want to come to him, back to him, or closer to him. "none are forbidden" I will ponder on ways that we can come closer to him this week if ya'll will do the same and let me know ways that I can come closer and I will do the same too.

23 For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in adarkness.
 24 He doeth not aanything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he bloveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
 25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: aCome unto me all ye bends of the earth, cbuy milk and honey, without money and without price.
 26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should adepart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of hisasalvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath bgiven it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to crepentance.
 28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but aall men are privileged the one blike unto the other, and none are forbidden.
Thank you Mom and Dad for all you have done to make it possible for me to be out here and helping me to continually come closer to Christ.

Love,

Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment