subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, February 13, 2012

Made it through first transfer - February 13th, 2012

Dear everyone
      Elder shoemaker is doing great in Stephenville.   Time has passed by so fast and I have already gone through my first transfer, meaning first 6 weeks. I had a great spiritual expirience the other day as  I was reading in the Book of Mormon. I was reading in second Nephi chapter 4 about how Nephi put all of his trust in the Lord. This chapters just really touched me and gave me inspiration. I am working to do what Nephi has and trust in the Lord to help me with everything to submit myself and refrain from sin. I have also been constanly recognizing the blessings from the Lord and have realized missionary work would be so hard without 100% obedience. I know by being obidient we will continue to see blessings. Elder Ericson is so amazing.  He gives me an example to follow and has such great respect and love for our Mission President. I want to emulate that and be a good example when I have the opportunity to train missionaries. I definantly would recomend reading 2nd Nephi chapter 4.
     AHhhhhh we had snow yeasterday it was so awsome and was so beautiful. Haha but it is acting like Washington and is already melted. Anyways this week was amazing. All weeks have been including this one. I had a couple funny things happen this week. We had a ward valentines fiesta with a pinata and evrything authentic spanish food and desserts. As we were walking home from the fiesta a spanish member in the ward offered us a ride. I got in the car and sat right into his plate of dessert and got chocolate all over my pants.  I just laughed and bro Alonzo repetedly said  "So sorry elder."  I said it was okay and Shouted it out when we got back. I did get that package and I thought I had said I did but thank you so much. Anyways the other funny thing was at church. I was standing next to Zachary from our most recent baptism. He was dressed up in his suit and the Stake President walked in and adressed me and him as elders thinking Zach was a missionary. Zach just laughed and said he was a recent convert. HAHA. I dont know if I said this but Zach is already planning on going on a mission I am so excited to see how missionary work goes forth. This week we saw the Lords hand in a lot of stuff. One example specifically was when we were in Dublin, a small town outside of Stephenville. While we were there the Sisters texted us an adress of someone we could see in Dublin where we already were. We however, did not know the street and as we drove down the block we ran into the Sisters and they told us where it was.   It worked out great that we were already in Dublin and we found the Sister's so they could tell us where to go. Then we went and met with that person and found out she had been taught before and is almost ready for baptism. It was so amazing how this worked out. We were meant to be there that day and saw our blessings. (sorry for any runons or mistakes I am trying to write as much as I can with limited time again)
    Anyways to anwser questions. One of my favorite meals was probably yesterday at the Deleeuws.  We basically had chicken rolls and potatoes like we have with the missionaries. It reminded me so much of home and was almost as good. It was interesting though, they used cream of chicken soup as the gravy for the chicken rolls and potatoes and it was actually pretty good.  Y'all should try it next time y'all have the missionaries over. I have actually done pretty good on intake and loosing that 10 pounds from the cruise.  I might need a smaller belt haha. I am eating health and I am not wasting away, just to let you know. For excercise I am playing raquetball (and I did not get the rules in the email myldsmail might have taken away links?) I also finish with a super intense core workout and am seeing results. The church is about a two minute drive away and by the way we are driving a truck (we gotta fit in in texas). The sister missionaries are about 5 minutes away. It is so awsome to hear about day camp and the snow. Justin, that is so awsome for Forte'.  I wish I would have done more musical stuff and known how to play an instrument. Keep it up on the guitar and I would recomend the piano too.  It is so useful. And  great job on beating mom on the paper route and eating healthy and getting ready for Track etc... I know if you are determined you will do a great job. You may not take this seriously, but I would recomend listening to Mom and Dad.  They know what they are talking about. I gotta run.  I will try and write more next week  and forward that email you lost Mom. The White Bluffs hike pics are amazing Dad. I love them and I love all y'alls.
Elder Shoemaker
PS here are some pics snow, district picture, LDS dry gulch haha (LDS) and worlds largest cedar rocker





No comments:

Post a Comment