subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The missing letter from January 17th, 2012

I am just going to write one lettter to y'all instead of replying to two emails.
 
Dear family,
 
      I am so excited to hear about Chels and Spence.  That is awesome!   I know they will both do amazing with their studies and be great medical workers. I think we did get that storm with all of the red you were talking about.  It was windy and rainy for about two days.  It is good we have a car to stay out of it and very blessed and also blessed becaues my grip shift for my rear gears broke during shipment,  and makes it hard to ride. I will probably just work with it and build my leg muscles and fix my bike when I get to another area that has a bike shop that is inside my area.  Stephenville is kind of rural and does not have a bike shop. My ward is awesome.  It is small and I get to pass sacrament in the Spanish sacrament meeting. The bisop and the ward members are awesome.  We are trying to teach in members homes because it helps investigators to hear members testimonies. Y'all should go to the missionaries and say our home is open for helping them do that. It would really suprise them and they will appreciate it a lot. If I have anything to say to the kids that are about to get baptized it would be to find a way to remeber it because it is one of their first covenants with God and is the beginning of their eternal progression I have not done any baptisms yet but we have 6 lined up.  
 
     I am adapting, kind of, to living on my own.  The only thing that I really have to do is buy my own food. I do not really have time to worry about too much other stuff than missionary work. I have to get going we have to write really quick today because MLK day was yesterday for preperation day and we could not get in the library. Here is my weekly scripture. It is in Moroni 7:45-48 it talks about charity and in the end it tells us to pray for charity.  It will help you to love everyone because they are our brothers and sisters and want to share the gosple with them. Again I encourage all yalls to get into Preach my Gospel.  Ch. 4 is amazing and just studying it will help to not be afraid to share the gospel. I will send pictures on Monday.  I found my computer  camera cord!
 
 
Love yall,
 
Elder Shoemaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment