subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet in the Work - February 6, 2012

Dear loving family,
 
First off I love you all so much.  I am sorry for the past couple weeks of letters they have been super rushed.  And so is todays as we had a zone p-day activity and got back late. I will work to write as much as I can. Anyways, the Stepehnville area is doing great.  I have been working on reading in Doctrine and Covenants it is so great.  I have read it before but I am really working on studying it which I have found is much different than reading. Elder Ericson is doing a great job as my trainer.  He really knows when to be serious and really helps to keep the spirit with us always. We met with some investigators Casey and Tkaye, his wife, this week and read in 3rd nephi 11 and asked them if the lord would itroduce them as my beloved.  They both said "not yet" and they are working so hard to change towards that point. The spirit was so strong there and Tkaye was tearing up at the end. We ended the lesson early and bolted out leaving them in that great spritual situation so they will realize that we are Christ's representatives.  It was so great. Zach was confirmed in church yeasterday and also bore his testimony.  It was so amazing.  It was my first confirmation and his testimony sounded as if he had grown up in the church. Zach has already inspired so many people's lives by getting baptized and it is so great to see that from me working to help teach Zach, it is alreading spreading. The chuch is growing so fast and I can really see why. I helped to get someone to the point of baptism and now he is helping get less actives to church, and now his friends will be taught.  It is so amazing. I love my mission so much and know that by being a servant of the lord I can potentially affect thousands but it is really just the Lord working through me. There are challenges.  We fit so much in a day that it gets stressful, even on preperation day.  I know with the strength on the Lord I can do it and I have been set apart to be able to do it also. I know I would not be able to do it without the support of our Heavenly Father, friends, scriptures, and especially my family and all the prayers I know they say for me.
 
I love all of you,
 
Elder shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment