subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Monday, July 30, 2012

New companion on his way. He's got an accent!

Dear Mom,
 
(First letter said he couldn't get on a computer, but one opened up with a little time left to write, so this one is short and sweet)
 
I am so excited to hear you got your late birthday present. It sounds like that was a crazy week. I am glad the Hanks are okay.  (car accident)  And it is exciting that you were able to give a talk on Sunday. It is so amazing what the Lord has planned for us even when it is hard or painful.  There is always something that we can learn and grow from. It also sounds like this week will be crazy too with cleaning and an acceleration on scripture study. I was excited to hear how your scripture study was going. This week is transfer week and Elder Blair in leaving to the north of the mission and I am getting a companion from New Zealand. I am so excited for the accent. Did I ever tell y'all I love accents? haha.

This week and transfers have gone by very fast. The Temple 2nd area is doing great. We were able to teach a lot of people and also find quality investigators this week. However this is the 4th week that some investigators have not come to church. We had four super solid commitments from people but they struggled to keep their commitment. Hopefully from our focus this month of "We invite" - "They commit"  and our follow up, will help us to help others keep their commitments and make the steps of repentance in their lives. 
 
Elder Blair is nervous for transfer week but I am excited that he will be able to get out into the mission. I have learned so much from him and I hope he has been able to learn from me. 
 
One of my spiritual experiences from this past week was from studying. I had felt like my personal study was very bland. I prayed that I would be able to get more form my studies and be able to also apply what I learned not only to myself, but the people we were teaching that day. As I studied the scripture, it started applying to me very well. I then looked at what I learned and found ways to apply the scriptures to investigators. Then throughout the rest of the week, with that mind set, I found so many things and was able to apply things from the scriptures, preach my gospel, church, and other missionaries.
 
Sorry I had to be quick and I totally forgot  to write what dad requested but I will send it asap.
 
Love Elder Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment