subtitle

A day in the life of a Fort Worth missionary. . . as posted by his parents

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Strong Till the Finish - 8/26/13

Dear Mom and dad,
Sorry for the short letter today. Today has been rather hectic and we have found a little time to email. It is super exciting to see the progress of our new home and it will be wonderful to have Christmas there as a family.  It will be wonderful! I bet that your talks on Sunday were amazing and that there was a lot learned from the expiriences that you were able to share.
Elder Young and I have had a wonderful week. We were able to find many new investigators and others to start teaching. One is the fiancé of a less active member. They both showed up to church on Sunday and we will get to meet her children on Wednesday and begin teaching them too! I have started to crack down on my studies and hope to be finished in the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel before December. It is starting to get real that December is approaching soon and I do not have time to waste. I love serving here as a missionary and I am very greatful for the protection that the Lord provide for his missionaries.
 There is another car in our zone this week so next Monday we will not have to drive other Elders around and we should have more time to email.
Love,
Elder Nathaniel Shoemaker
PS Elder Andersen of the 12 is coming to address us in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment